Saturday, October 23, 2010

So this is me...

Inspired by my fellow bloggers, I've decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon.  I like the idea of blogging, of writing down the minute details of your day, of capturing the fading moments that you really want to remember years later, but I must admit, I'm hesitant for the world to read what I write.  I guess it's the writer in me.  The writer that's been buried from lack of use and a doubt in her abilities.  As a writer, I'm always scared for others to criticize my work and daresay, not like it??  But, I'm putting my qualms aside and starting my blogging project.  Hopefully, it will spur the writer in me and prod her to write again. 

So I guess I should address the title of this blog and tell you about me.  I'm 23, female, wife, friend, daughter, sister and wannabe English teacher and I'll add writer incognito for my amusement.  I'm a wannabe English teacher because I haven't found a job yet.  I had this whole plan down that I'd be early released from my student teaching and already have a job in the bag---learn now that plans fail.  So I am not teaching, just dreaming of it and in lieu of my non-existent teaching career, I'm employed by the good ol' yellow and blue Blockbuster.  Now I could say a lot of smack about Blockbuster, but honestly it's been a steady, dependable job that puts food and ten free rentals a week in my hands.  So you won't hear me complaining....at least not yet...and secondly, the people I work with are amazing and I have come to call them my friends.  And believe you me, when you work with your friends, you can't really call it work anymore because you're having WAY too much fun. 

Some of you may be confounded by the 23 and wife found in my "I'm sentence" (above).  People usually are when I tell them I'm married.  I get varied responses which usually sound like, "Oh my Gah, you're married!? Just how old are you??"  And I know in their heads, people are thinking, "I wonder if it was because she got pregnant..."  And let me tell you I did not get married because I was pregnant, I got married because I met my best friend and could not live without him.  Why does it concern people so much that I'm 23 and married.  Geez!  How has society become so critical?  You must be this old to be married, but if you're too old and you're not married then something else is wrong with you?  Doesn't this sound like the "It Really Grinds my Gears" moment on Family Guy?  (I'm now stepping off my soap box if you were becoming alarmed.)

I should really be packing right now.  I'm moving in a week from today and have yet to pack a single box.  I haven't even opened a box.  Now my husband has.  He's packed like ten boxes (because he's amazing), but I've failed to do so.  I've thought a lot about packing.  My thoughts sound something like, "Where should I start?  What can I go without for a week?  What size box should I use for these items?"  But thoughts will only get one so far.  I guess I haven't packed because I'm still in denial about moving.  I don't think it's really happening yet.  One, just because it happened so verrry fast and two because I've wanted to move back home (Hickory, NC) for soooo long.  I haven't lived near home since 2004.  I think it's time.  I love my family more than life itself.  I wouldn't call my life a life without my family and I miss them so much.  So yes, I still can't believe I get to be twenty-five minutes away from my parents instead of four hours.  Do you know how wonderfully weird that's going to be?!  So I guess in order for it occur, I'll need to actually pack and not simply think about packing....*sigh*....Daniel's going to kill me when he learns I started a blog instead of starting packing.  I'll just tell him I'm hoping to bring the writer in me out of hiding.  You think he'll go for it?  :)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love you and your amazing. Secondly, you should have been packing, but I will let it slide this time because you are an awesome writer and I am proud of you for starting this. Don't reveal too many of our secrets ok?

    ReplyDelete