Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Moving.

Moving.  It doesn't matter how much I get done in one day, I still feel like there's more to be done.  It's Tuesday folks, my parents will be here Friday night, and there is still so much to do.  And with packing all day and working all night, the days seem to go by in a millisecond.  So far I have packed up our tiny bathroom downstairs, my closet (which was a feat), and Daniel has been working on his side of the bedroom and mainly the office.  There is still the big bathroom upstairs and the kitchen to conquer.  And the outside storage unit and ....oh yes, the closet downstairs and the linen closet upstairs....and...maybe that's all?  Nope, and my hope chest...and..well you get the idea..the to-do list feels never ending.  And to add to my overwhelmingness, I have to unpack everything on Saturday, right after I worked so tediously to pack everything up in the first place,  And I must partake in this relocation of goods after driving four hours behind a moving truck (sense my enthusiasm?).  And I know, I know, this is all my fault, I'm the one who wants to move so suck it up, right?

Moving does it have its upside, though.  You get to go through all of your possessions and throw out all the junk that you have no recollection of accruing.  Or, look at all your old clothes that somehow snuck into your closet when you weren't looking, because there is no way you ever knowledgeably allowed that piece of clothing to enter your home.  You also get to look at all the sentimental things that you've forgotten about.  Like old pictures and dusty artifacts from your high school days.  (Okay, maybe dusty was too much, I'm only 23, right?)  Moving is almost like a cleansing...a way to shed your old skin and get ready for some new to grow right back on.  It's exciting and it's unknown and it's new and it's mostly hopeful (if you can get past the labyrinth of packing that is.)  I highly recommend it.  (At least right now, since I'm not currently rifling through junk deciding what I'll need and what I can live without.)

Happy Packing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment