Yesterday was a busy, busy day and had us away from home from 8:30 am to 11:30 pm. It was a fantastic day, but busy. We had Homecoming at our church and also took the time to tell all that this would be our last "official" Sunday with them. I thought everyone would be depressed, but instead they were absolutely thrilled for us. One lady actually made her way over to us twice to tell us just how excited she was and that she was a bit jealous for our ensuing adventure. I liked that--an adventure. Later we ate until we couldn't possibly eat another bite and went back to Daniel's parents house to wait out the 3 hour food coma that comes after Homecoming meals. When we awoke, the household was in full swing. (At a children's home, usually there is always something going on.) There was a bonfire outside, kids running around with footballs and soccer balls, Charlie chasing the cats and of course me pulling my adorable nephew Kaiyden in a huge piece of luggage. (I will post a pic of this if I can figure out how.) We ended up staying until 9:30, just talking about various odds and ends...like ALIENS!!
Somehow the five of us got to talking about aliens, and Michael, being the video expert, knew exactly where to find visuals of these odd beings. Let me just tell you, I didn't think the videos got to me, but later that night as I laid in bed TRYING to sleep, I swore that every little noise was an alien trying to get me. And of course, Daniel was already out, Lucy was on the other side of me out, and as I laid between the two of them, I became kinda mad that I had to endure the fear of these aliens coming to get me all by myself. It was a restless night.
And speaking of a restless night, I forgot to mention the drive home. I have NEVER been pulled over, EVER. Well on the journey home (about an hour and a half) what do my eyes see, but flashing blue lights in my rear view mirror! I was incredulous! I was deep into a conversation with Daniel about All That (ya know, Kenan, Kel, and orange soda) when all of sudden the rear view mirror comes alive with blue. I was so shocked that I was getting pulled that I even asked Daniel, "Is he pulling me over?" Daniel calmly responded with, "Yes, Lea Ann, he's pulling you over, go ahead and pull to the curb." Daniel was fantastic (being a pro at the getting pulled over ordeal) and instructed me on how to behave and what to hand to the cop, who by the way kept blinding me with his overly huge flashlight. (Does one really need that big of a flashlight?) Anyways, my heart was pounding out of my chest, but I managed to tell the cop that it was nice to meet him.
After all the drama and flashing lights, I was pulled because the Jeep's tags were expired...(thanks, honey!) I was so nervous even after the cop drove off that I stayed five under the speed limit all the way home. My nerves didn't quite abate until Daniel made fun of the fact that I told the cop it was nice to meet him AND because I asked Daniel if I was in fact actually getting pulled over. He sarcastically replied, "No, Lea Ann, he just turned on his lights behind the Jeep for the fun of it."
As I said, yesterday was a busy day. And today is no exception. I'm moving in less than a week and packing is definitely no longer an option but a must!
I am not a pro at getting pulled over... I would say experienced! Lol
ReplyDelete