I just felt an urge to blog, so I brought out my laptop and metaphorically dusted off my blog to return to the world of online journaling. Wow, has it really been October since I blogged last? Insane. So much has happened since October. I mean October was like 5 months ago. Wow.
Before I continued adding to my blog, I first re-read all 5 of my previous entries. I had to smile because in the very first one I called myself a "wannabe English teacher" and now, SO GLAD to say it, I AM an English teacher. *Sigh* I love saying that. I am an English teacher, I am an English teacher, I am an English teacher. Isn't that wonderful! I am an English teacher! I still get so excited and giddy when I think about the fact that I am finally and truly a teacher. And let me just tell you, it is so everything I ever wanted it to be. I love teaching. I've known forever that I was born to be an English teacher and it feels fantastic to finally be meeting your life's calling and to be actively participating in your life's dream everyday. I am so thankful and blessed, utterly blessed. I still have moments of incredulity that I'm teaching (can't you tell?).
Things are wonderful. Daniel and I are loving Hickory. We are super close to everything and no longer have to deal with wearisome Greenville traffice (Thank God). My family is close (still getting used to this), I get to actually see my sister instead of just hear her voice, and we are neighbors with our brother from another mother. We've also found a church to attend which is amazing. We looked for weeks for a new church to attend. Finally, 3 weeks ago, we found Hickory First and we love it. We are still in that awkward, getting to know the church stage, but I think it's safe to stay we've found a place that will stick. They have church on Friday nights, which we love (we got used to Thursday nights in College), they also have AH-mazing praise and worship, and so many outreach groups and ministries that you can tell they have a heart to reach outside the four walls of the church.
I think another reason why am I blogging is because I'm avoiding the growing stacks of things needing grading. And I am not complaining. But, it is a fact that the more one teaches, the more one needs to grade, and boy do I need to grade. I think I avoid grading because I don't have to grade in order to be able to teach, and I'd much rather teach my students than grade, so why grade? (Haha) There should have been a college course just on how to grade, what should be graded, why grade, and how to quickly achieve maximum grading speed. Who am I kidding, I just need to do it. I feel the procrastinator coming out in me. Someone help me kick her back down!
Good Grading!
No comments:
Post a Comment