Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Year and Some Odd Days

So...it's been awhile. Let's catch up from my last post.


I am still an English teacher. I still love being an English teacher. And I can't wait for another year of being an English teacher (although I could wait to start that next school year).

We recently got back from the beautiful Miami, Florida. I say the beautiful Miami, because not all of Florida showed us its pretty side. (Well, Debbie didn't show us her pretty side--Tropical Storm Debbie--the one that popped up days before we arrived at said location--yeah, thanks Debbie--appreciate that deluge of rain.)


We left for Florida Friday morning and it remained a very pleasant drive until an hour outside of Orlando when we began to see hints of Debbie. It rained the rest of Friday night. BUT, Debbie took a nap ALL day Saturday, but then returned in all of her raining fury Sunday, when my husband and I decided to go to Islands of Rain Cold Shivers Adventure.


Man, was that an adventure--a wet and cold adventure.  I have never seen so much rain. Ever. Well perhaps that was because we were in it all day. It didn't stop raining at all that day or Monday. Monday we headed south towards Miami which ushered in sun. Beautiful, wonderful, HOT SUN!  


Miami was wonderfully HOT and SUNNY. The beach was just beautiful, and I could live there. Yes, I'd like a studio apartment on the beach with my English classroom attached upstairs that doubles as a dance studio for Daniel, please.  
Yes? Why, thank you!

Yesterday we celebrated the 4th at my mom and dad's house. I did all of the cooking. Sorry eaters of the meal about the grass asparagus. It was disgusting. However, I made one winning lasagna, and my dessert shaw did make up for it. (It better since I had to go to the store twice for it.)


Afterwards we played Phase 10. Daniel lost again (only the 2nd time this has happened) and me and my mom tied. Which is pretty good for her 2nd time playing. (It took me like 3, 4, 5, okay, 17 times until I actually won a game.)


Afterwards we played Badminton, (rather poorly might I add, but the effort was there) then went in search of Fireworks which Dad was adamant about seeing.  We finally found a place in view of said fireworks, which when they started, Dad exited the car in search of a "prime" location, while Daniel, Mom, and I raised our voices in Patriotic song. And not pretty patriotic song--obnoxious, sing as loud as you can song. It was GREAT. I love being nonsensical with my family. Dad tolerated us for a few renditions of "God Bless America," then came over to mom's window to tell us that he couldn't hear the fireworks.  Well, Dad, they are about 3 miles away, who could?  So we continued our rather colorful auditory tribute to America.  And God Bless it.

No comments:

Post a Comment